Health Tip: Boost Your Teen's Self-Esteem
by -- Diana Kohnle
Updated: Oct 31st 2016
(HealthDay News) -- The teen years may be difficult, and self-esteem may plummet. But parents can help bolster a teen's confidence and help him or her maintain a healthy self-image.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests:
- Praise your teen for good choices and things done well. Encourage the teen to feel pride about his or her accomplishments.
- Make sure your acknowledgements are sincere, and don't overdo it.
- Offer constructive criticism.
- Seek your teen's opinions, and include them in family decisions.
- Encourage your teen to find his or her strengths. Let the teen discover what makes him or her happy.
This article: Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.